Tuesday, March 10, 2009

20 Months....Potty Training?

Happy 20 month Birthday Braylon!!! I can't believe how fast time goes by. In four short months Mommy and Daddy will have a 2 year old. You are such a happy, good spirited little boy, but you definitely have an ornery side. :) That is what makes you SOOOO cute! Mommy and Daddy LOVE YOU!!!!

Braylon has started showing interest in being potty trained. The last month or so, Braylon has begun to talk about the potty. When Chris or I go into the bathroom, Braylon states that we go potty. Saturday night, Braylon pulled out his little potty out of the closet and wanted to sit on it. So...we undressed him and let him try. Although he just sat there for about 15 minutes. He didn't want to get up. He was so cute. Well, we didn't think anything of it. We just thought he was playing. Then Sunday night came. Daddy was starting to get him ready for bed and this is what follows:

Braylon: "I go potty!",

Chris : "Braylon, do you need to go potty?"

Braylon: "Yeah"

Chris undresses Braylon and sits him on the potty expecting nothing to happen until...

Braylon: (Grunt Grunt)

YEAH....Braylon went POO POO in the potty!!!!! We were all soooo excited. He looked at what he did and started clapping. He was so excited too. So we all praised him and told him what a big boy he was. He even got a Starburst for going poo poo. I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but I think we might be in the starting phases of Potty Training. We are in no hurry to have him potty trained, but if he is ready we will take it as it comes.

I am just so proud of my Big Boy. (It is making mommy sad that he is showing mommy that he isn't a baby anymore.)


Sitting on the Potty the 1st night when nothing happened.

Sitting on the Potty right after he went Poo Poo.

Trying out his training undies!

1 comment:

Gwyneth Paltrow said...

Potty Training book saving!!!!!!
________________________________________
Parenting Magazine (Current issue) & Men’s Health Magazine (Sept. issue) recommends Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Proven Secrets of the Potty Pro by Teri Crane. My husband picked us up a copy after reading the article. IT REALLY WORKS!!

Everyone is talking about throwing a "potty party" to potty train a child. I was so desperate; I was willing to do anything. Her book outlines 10 themed parties. What kid doesn't love to play and pretend? All my mommy friends have successfully potty trained their kids with her book too.

Honestly, when I first learned of this book, I thought NO WAY! Maybe this would work on a little girl, but NOT a BOSSY, 2-1/2 year old BOY. NO WAY! Guess what? It REALLY WORKED!!! Teri Crane SAVED MY SANITY!!! Her book was easy to read, funny and extremely helpful. I can't thank Teri enough. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to EVERY parent. It will save you much grief and frustration. Potty training shouldn't be difficult, we as parents make it difficult because we don't know what to do. Teri teaches you. Buy the book, it's the best money you will ever spend

Most amazingly, I had some questions, so I called the author, and she CALLED ME BACK!!