Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Not once but TWICE!!!

Braylon went pee pee on the potty TWICE last night. I can just hardly believe it. Chris and I weren't planning on even trying to potty train Braylon until after his 2nd Birthday. The thing is, he is doing this all on his own. I sat him on the potty last night right before getting him ready for bed and he didn't go. So I put his diaper on and started to get him dressed when he said "I go potty". So, I took off his diaper and sat him on the potty once again not thinking anything would happen. Then he went Pee Pee in the potty. We praised him and he got some M&M's for going pee pee. I was so happy! We got dressed for Night Night and headed back down stairs for milk and snacks (he has to eat right before bed to help him gain weight). Next I started to read him a book and he once again said, "I go potty" and got off my lap and headed upstairs. So back upstairs we went and sat on the potty. He peed AGAIN. I couldn't believe it. We cheered again and he got more M&M's. I am just so proud of him. But he is a very smart little boy and has put two and two together and has figured out that he gets Candy if he goes potty.So, first thing this morning..."I go potty, CANDY?" all in one sentence. So now, he sits on the potty and goes "Candy! Candy!" He will figure it out very soon, that he only gets candy if he does SOMETHING on the potty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Renee, that is great!! He is such a smart little boy!! Drew pretty much did it himself too, it was wonderful!! Hope things keep going well :) Emily

Unknown said...

That is so awesome Renee!!! We are working on the home streatch with Kyra;) Her stubborness tends to get in the way...LOL

I love reading your blog!!:) Take Care.